Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Frightfully Animated Idea.

When I was much younger, my older brother did a class project for his Humanities course in High School where he made a short film which was a reading of Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven.  We used an older video camera (this was in the 1990's) and did not have a microphone to record sound, so my brother decided to record a dramatic reading of the poem in the schools A/V lab.  Meanwhile at home he and his friend filmed the action in our parents living room while I (being the willing younger sibling) read the poem aloud during filming.

My brother made the creative decision to have the visuals be zany humorous pratfalls to contrast the dramatic reading.  The final project became a cherished memory for me, and the video has sadly become lost to time.

Flash forward years to my own time studying animation in college.  I have an idea to take this beloved memory and turn it into an animated short film... with a team of me and one other person.  Okay, you can stop laughing now.  I was a first year student and had not fully grasped the concept of team work in the industry yet (nor had I thought through the magnitude of undertaking such a massive project solo).  Still the idea had evolved, and I was able to produce some artwork that I am proud of.











No comments:

Post a Comment